Believe it or not, this was a fab find by the Boston Bargainista’s momma. Mom knows best, am I right?
She introduced me to essential oils that can be applied to the face and I’m super glad she did! I have seen a noticeable difference in my face since I started using the oils that I am going to talk about today.
The best part? THEY ARE A BARGAIN! Seriously, you can find most of these oils for under $20! I will link options down below, but I also recommend checking out your local T.J. Maxx/Marshalls to see if they have some (at this point, TJ Maxx corporation should really sponsor my life for the amount of stuff I buy/review/recommend from them hahah!) I’ve bought several of my oils from there, as well as Amazon.
My favorite of the bunch would have to be rose hip oil, but that’s probably because I’m obsessed with rose items to begin with (more to come on that obsession in a future post!) Unfortunately, it’s not pictured in the photo above because I loved it so much that I used it all right up!
Some benefits of rosehip oil include:
- Reducing the appearance of dark circles and spots
- Natural wrinkle reducer/anti aging properties
- Helps reduce appearance of scars/burns
The next oil that I really like is grape seed oil. For those sensitive to smells, it is unscented.
Some benefits of grape seed oil include:
- Pulls toxins from the skin
- Beneficial for oily skin- helps to control natural oil production
- Helps prevent acne as well as get rid of current acne that may be present
- Also helps to minimize dark under eye circles
Jojoba oil is another type of oil that I use in my skincare routine. This oil does have a scent, actually it smells like cooking oil a bit, haha. Benefits of jojoba oil include:
- Because of it’s naturally waxy texture, it helps control acne and oily skin by regulating sebum production in the pores
- Helps reduce burns and infections
I’ve also used argan oil as well. Below are some of the benefits:
- This oil also reduces sebum protection in skin, helping to control acne and oily skin
- Also has anti-aging properties
The last one I’ll talk about for now is black currant oil. This oil does have a scent if you are sensitive. Some of the benefits include:
- Anti-aging properties
- This oil is beneficial for those who may be suffering from psoriasis or eczema
Some other oils I’d like to try:
- Chamomile oil
- Marula oil
- Avocado oil
Have you tried any of these or have any other oils you can recommend!?
Comment down below and fill a homie in!
Thanks for reading! I’ll be posting my March empties soon!
The Boston Bargainista